The sleek design of a smooth-top stove can be very appealing to have installed into a kitchen. Choosing this option can make your kitchen have a modern and clean look. It will provide extra countertop space and can be easier to clean than traditional coil burner options.
Cleaning the surface will take a little bit of effort, but after every clean your cook-top will look sparkly clean just like when you first installed it.
We recommend to wipe down your cook-top after every use to help keep it clean, once of course, the surface cools down. We know that spills can happen and that you can get busy after cooking and forget to wipe it down. Here are a couple of steps to get the gunk off and have your smooth-top shine!
- Use a cleaner specifically recommended for cleaning smooth-top cooking surfaces as some substances may harm your cook-top with chemicals like ammonia and bleach. We recommend using Cerama Bryte as it is the best choice when trying to remove tough stains. It is formulated for heavy-duty cleaning without making scratches on glass surfaces. When used regularly, it helps maintain shine and performance.
- Wait until the cooking surface is cool to the touch. To remove any burnt on food residue use a single edged razor blade scrapper. Scrape off the thick areas and wipe it off of the cook-top with a paper towel.
- Use a quarter-sized amount of cleaner and a nylon cleaning pad to remove residue. DO NOT use a metal abrasive cleaning pad such as steel wool. Don't be afraid to rub hard on the surface with the right materials as it won't scratch the surface.
- After cleaning with nylon pad, use a dry paper towel to remove any remaining cleaning residue.
- The last step it to take a microfiber cloth and wipe the surface to give your cook-top that shine.
Following these simple tips will keep you smooth-top looking just as it did when your first purchased it. These steps are great to follow before having family or friends come over for dinner.